Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Is Religion a Natural Phenomenon?


Picture credit: magazine.enlightennext.org

I have just finished reading The Irish Origins of Civilization – Vol 2, written by Michael Tsarion. The book is available free online on the website of www.scribd.com.

The overall content of the book deals with the pagan origins of the Bible, Christ and Christianity. Although it tackles the subject with elegant proficiency and in great detail, Christ’s connection with solar cult theology is a subject this blog has already dealt with in older articles written almost two years ago – for example: From the Sun to Rome, then Venus, which was continuation of a preceding article The Zeitgeist Movie: Treachery and Deceit.

Although I cannot agree with everything I read, I still enjoyed reading Tsarion’s book because it gave me some more insight into the different cultures that currently exist on our planet. Despite its anti-religious subject matter the book has done little to dissuade me from reading my Bible or from believing in a Saviour whom we happen to call by the names “Jesus” and/or “Christ”.

As far as I’m concerned well-researched books like these have not taken into account that God’s Word is a Living Word, and that its profound wisdom is in a continuous state of natural progression (I don’t like using the word ‘evolution’ – but it basically boils down to the same thing). It is my opinion that these authors are essentially documenting a tiny fraction of this natural progression... The video I’ve embedded near the end of this posting will help readers understand what I’m talking about.

I must confess though - while reading Tsarion’s book my mind often wandered off to this blog and its ever diminishing number of readers… I must also admit that at times I felt a strong urge to delete or shutdown this blog forever, as I couldn’t see what constructive purpose it is actually serving.

When I had finally done with reading Tsarion’s book I deliberated some of the major points, in an hour-long telephone conversation, with a dear and wise old Christian friend of mine, who is nearing the ripe ol’ age of 80 and who doesn’t have a clue what a blog is, and nor does he really care.

“Well, of course the devil’s buddies had a dealing in the writing of ancient scriptures,” he said… “How do you think the ‘Inspired Word of God’ ended up in text form? – Why do you think the very first book in the Bible talks of protecting the satan-child, Cain?” – These were only a few of the astounding truths my old friend ‘reminded’ me about… I wish I was able to transcribe and share the entire 1-hour long conversation!

The specific scripture my old friend was referring to can be found in Genesis (4:15):
“And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.”

Near the end of our conversation my rational old companion quoted the New Testament verse found in Ephesians 6:12. He was not aware that it was also the exact same verse that is featured under the main heading of this blog:
“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”

What more can I say my dear friends? Go read Michael Tsarion’s well-researched and thought-provoking book by all means, but before you leave this page have a look at the video I’ve embedded below, or come back later to view it.

I will greatly appreciate your comments and/or contributions to this subject.

God Bless!
“Religions are natural phenomena. They're just as natural as cows. They have evolved over millennia. They have a biological base, just like the Oryx. They have become domesticated, and human beings have been redesigning their religions for thousands of years.”
Philosopher and scientist Dan Dennett


Video Source: www.ted.com


Other publications by Michael Tsarion:


Related Posts (Recent):

No comments:

Most viewed posts:

tia4christ.blogspot.com