Saturday, September 17, 2011

Plodding along in Jesus’ name



Regular visitors to this blog will recall that about three months ago I was seriously thinking of shutting down this blog. I also conducted a poll in this regard, which ran for about three months from 1 June 2011 to 1 September 2011. 

RESULTS OF THE POLL:
 

A total number of 150 people voted – Thank you!
93 percent voted in favour of the blog NOT shutting down – Thanks again!

Although this blog is not in competition with any other blogs, I’ll mention the stats purely for interests sake:

The current stats show that from 1 June 2011 to 17 Sept 2011 there have been 9,850 pageviews, which I feel is not too shabby, considering that I have not made any efforts lately to promote the blog. The total number of pageviews currently stand at 28,731 – since Jan 2010. The bad news (and this is truly shocking), is that there is on average only five (5) returning visitors per week. Although I am most grateful for these five (5) dedicated followers, I do not know what to make of this appalling figure, except to say that if this were a Church (in the fashionable misunderstanding of the word) it would, in all probability, not be able to function successfully.

This blog is, however, not a Church. The meaning of “Church” was explained in a previous posting. The Church is, according to the scriptures in Ephesians 1:22-23, the Body of Christ. The Holy Scriptures also teach us…


“For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.”
Matthew 18:20

Need I say more?

Please feel free to contribute to articles on this blog, or to send links to newsworthy topics … (send email to tiamysoa@gmail.com) You may also request to be registered as a Blog Author. I will be posting articles myself but not as frequently as my heart truly desires. My target is at least two (2) postings per month (God willing), with special emphasis on ‘controversial’  content normally not covered by modern-day Christian preachers, and/or not fully understood by the mainstream  ‘run of the mill’ followers of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

God Bless – and stay tuned!

2 comments:

Buck Roehart said...

@ Tia
A bit late… never mind…

God does raise some up for His work, let Him choose.
God may well have chosen you to hinder the beast and his unholy work.
Sign of the times, I suppose.

I understand what you are saying.
But you’ll always have what you need, just perhaps not everything that you want.
Our Heavenly Father provides.

But can't you see what is happening here, how attempts are being made to overthrow you?

Remember that those who criticise your Blog should have stayed on God through Christ Jesus, not on man through government and Internet laws.

Didn't you ever notice how any endeavour that disdains and shames Christianity is mysteriously super-funded?
It's all part of the plan.
They have all the money, but God's people, the Christians, have God.
That is better than much money, better than all the money.
Pray for relief in your situation knowing that our Heavenly Father is watching.
Any less is not faith.
He will only let it go so far as you can handle.
So, ironically, the stronger you are, the stronger your faith, the more that satan can throw at you. Like the Apostles, you should do:
Acts 5:40-42
40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.
41 And they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his name.
42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they ceased not to teach and preach Jesus Christ. KJV

There is no alternative for me I'm the Lord's willing servant.
Before I met Him I had less than nothing, now that I have Him and a little, I have more than many of my friends.

If I were homeless on the street and hungry, I would still know that My Lord and Savior hears my every prayer; and that at any instant He could dramatically change any situation, should He desire to so do. I do not understand all of God's ways, or why He lets things happen, but I trust in Him.
Phil 1:20-24
20 According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: KJV

What I’ve learned in life…
Stick on God's side, and to hell with problems.
Nothing is too big for God to fix.
Don't lose faith in the midnight, else the dawn will be bring tragedy upon you.
You think that you have problems now?
Just let God see you betray Him, and you will learn what problems really are.

John 14:12-18
12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do because I go unto my Father.
13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. KJV

You must follow your own conscience and situation.

Buck Roehart

Tia Mysoa said...

Hi Buck,

I suppose I could have chosen a better heading for this post. The word “plodding” may have created the wrong impression… Nonetheless, you’ve accurately visualized my true feelings. I am feeling a little disheartened at this point in time, but my mood has nothing to do with blogging, nor the poor stats.

I’ve been dealing with a few Christian hypocrites lately (non-bloggers), who have emotionally drained me with their backstabbing treachery. False, lying, double dealing, liberal cowards do not come near a fitting description for this lot! It’s astonishing how many Biblical Experts we have in our society, but ask them to bring their Bibles (God’s Word) – then they cannot find the Holy Book! Their new research tool has become the internet.

May we tread wearily (plod on) in the name of Jesus Christ, always in humble submission and forever in obedience to our true spiritual Father, and NO earthly being!

Thanks for the encouraging scriptures and words of comfort; it is much appreciated!

Most viewed posts:

tia4christ.blogspot.com