By Nick Goggin
Editor - WATCHMEN BIBLE STUDY GROUP
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. (KJV)
Yep, that can be you: "whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life"!
We at Watchmen Bible Study Group put the newer student 'at the head of the class'. Why? Because we also know what it feels like to have some 'know-it-all' talk over our heads for an hour. Nobody learns anything that way, it just causes frustration. We all started out easier then moved on to understand deeper instruction, in this way you can avoid being overwhelmed and confused at the start and you can build for yourself a good solid foundation for further studies.
The Bible is fun when you understand what it's saying. Our Heavenly Father intended that we understand His Written Word or He would not have bothered to have the Prophets and the Apostles write it, and Jesus would not have commanded that it be taught to all peoples of the world.
Mark 16:15-16 (Jesus speaking)
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned. (KJV)
At first the Bible may seem intimidating, but with a little help you will begin to understand the intended meaning of the words on the pages and the message of instruction and hope that the Bible contains. We have dedicated a special page here to help you get started on your journey to understand God's Word. We have presented a list of suggested studies for the newer student. These studies are not superficial by any means (they are drawn from our main study list), but they serve to lay down a good Biblical foundation for the newer to intermediate student to build upon. The newer student is most welcomed with us at WBSG!
- Forgiveness It comes only from God through Jesus Christ, how can we find it? What does God's Word, the Bible say about it?
- Faith and Belief Provides documented proof as to the validity of the Holy Scriptures in the Bible. An excellent study to help establish and strengthen anyone's faith! A recommended "first" study, as well as an excellent witnessing tool.
- Where did our Bibles come from? This short study explains how the words from the mouth of the Prophets and Apostles got into the pages of your King James Bible. An excellent companion for helping to decide what Bible version to study from. And also the format and reason for the In-depth Bible studies.
- When a Christian takes a life (kills) Comfort and understanding from God's Word to those who may have. This study covers many controversial topics such as: Murder, involuntary manslaughter, killing in war, capitol punishment, abortion. . . . You have heard what man says about these things, now learn what God's Word, The Bible, says!
- Getting Saved, What Does It Mean And How Can I Be? Understand what the term 'being saved' means. We've all hear it but what does it mean exactly? What does our Heavenly Father say we have to do to attain everlasting life? It isn't supposed to be a mystery! God laid it all out for us so we could know. Learn from God's Written Word - The Bible - what God says to us about salvation and the eternity with Him in Heaven.
- Why I Believe! One Christian shares his story: A beautiful story that documents the love that our Heavenly Father has for us, and answers the question: "Why do I believe that Jesus Christ of Nazareth was the Messiah promised and sent from God to save the world from it's sins and flesh nature?"
The below three studies are the foundation of the entire Bible.
If you understand just these three Bible studies you will understand the entire plan of God, and be more Biblically literate that 90% of Christians. And I'm being generous with that percentage. It is sometimes easier for a new student to learn the Truth of God's Word than an 'old salt', because most 'old salts' have had their heads filled with false doctrines and traditions of men in the watered down churches of today, instead of the true Word of God that is contained in His personal letter to us, of love, promise, instruction, and understanding,, The Bible. They must first shed the falsehoods to accept the truth, and sad to say, many will not do that. Take these studies in the order that they appear, for they run one to another:
- When was the beginning? Learn when the true beginning of creation was, and of the three Earth ages. Discover why God had to destroy the first Earth Age.
- Mankind; the two separate Creation events The FORMING of Adam in the Garden of Eden [Gen 2:7] was a long time preceded by the CREATING of all the various peoples of the world [Gen 1:27]. Understand why this was necessary, and the differences between them and you are well on your way to understanding the plan of God.
- What was the real sin in the Garden of Eden?!? Did Adam and Eve really eat the wrong apple and ruin everything? Of course not; find out what really happened, the reason it happened, and the repercussions of it. When you learn the truth from God's Word on this, much of the Bible is at once put into perspective.
God bless you, your family, and your understanding of our Heavenly Father's Word, in the precious and powerful name of our Savior, Jesus Christ. And if you would, please contact Letters to the editor and let us know you are a new student. We would love to hear from you, include a Bible question if you would like.
Editor - WATCHMEN BIBLE STUDY GROUP
Article Source - Direct Link